Sunday 16 January 2011

Ombre Hair

I feel like I'm so late to jump on the bandwagon of Ombre Hair! In reality, I first ombre'd my hair in November, i think. Since I haven't posted an awful lot since then I didn't get a chance to tell you.



This is after I have literally re-ombre'd it about 2 days ago- Excuse the bare face, awful "posing" and the crapola quality. It was the best way of showing y'all! I think you can see that my hair gradually gets lighter ...

Ombre is easy-peasy to do, all you need is a little hair lightener (or darker dye than your hair colour if you like) and just slap it on the ends, wait depending of what colour intensity you want to achieve and voila! I use the L'Oreal Perfect Blonde Highlighting Kit, I don't think it's particularly expensive and you can get it at most drugstores.



It's obvious that your ends will become damaged and split ends are one the not-so-nice effects, this is why i was forced to trim my hair a little and re-ombre. I also need to remember to condition my hair thoroughly and pay special attention to my ends!

I don't think I'm going to channel this ombre look forever, next time I plan on going a bit darker (which might be a bit tricky considering that the last time I went dark brown I got told that I "look ill" - downright rude!) but I was thinking of dying it Cheryl Cole colour before she dyed it red. So I was thinking like warm chocolate brown with honey highlights? Sounds yummy doesn't it ;)

As I have said before I plan on blogging wayy more because in fact I really enjoy it! It's a way of reaching out to people and a way to get more creative with my photos! In general, I just really like blogging!

1 Comment:

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

I'm planning a blog post about ombre hair with another blogger, do you want to be a part of it? emailll me please :) hiven@live.co.uk
xx